Thank you for your interest in organizing an event to support Hospice Huronia. Fundraising events are a wonderful way to increase the public’s awareness of hospice palliative care and are vital to financially supporting our programs and services.
Events organized and held independently by third-party organizers are most welcome, but there are government guidelines and Hospice Huronia policies that must be followed:
- When promoting your event, avoid any statement or the appearance of Hospice Huronia endorsing any product, firm, organization, service, individual or their views
- Hospice Huronia is happy to provide printed information materials about our programs and services if you wish to have them available at your event. Please let us know the quantities needed
- We would be pleased to send you the Hospice Huronia logo for use in your advertising materials. Your advertisements should say “in support of” and please allow us to review them before you go to print/production
- Third Party Event organizers are responsible for obtaining event insurance, all permits/licences (eg. for raffles, 50/50 draws) and liquor permits
- Expenses related to a third party event are the responsibility of the organizer and not take from any money that donors believe are going directly to Hospice Huronia
- Advertising must be clear as to the recipients of the proceeds
- At your request, Hospice Huronia will list your event in our newsletter, on our website events calendar and through social media
- We do not normally provide Hospice Huronia volunteers for third party events. If there is an exceptional circumstance please discuss your request with the Fund Development Manager at least 30 days prior to your event
- Proceeds for Hospice Huronia must be received by us within 60 days of your event
- We would be pleased to participate in a cheque presentation event once your proceeds are received
- Hospice Huronia is not financially liable for the promotion and/or staging of third party events
- Any group or individual that is donating a portion of their net proceeds rather than the full amount, must state exactly how much, either in a percentage or a specific dollar amount on all promotional materials
- The sponsoring group or individual must handle all monetary transactions for your event
- The preferred method of payment to Hospice Huronia is a cheque or money order (payable to Hospice Huronia)
CRA guidelines and Hospice Huronia policies prevent us from offering funding or reimbursement for any event expenses; signing vendor contracts; solicit for cash or in-kind donation and due to confidentiality restrictions, from sharing or using any Hospice Huronia client/resident, donor, volunteer, or other lists.
For further information, please contact JoAnn Warren, Manager Fund Development at 705 549-1034.