We are hiring a Visiting Program Coordinator
Position Title: Visiting Program Coordinator
Overview of position:
As we know the majority of individuals living with a life threatening illness would like to be able to have their end of life care provided in their own home, Hospice is in a unique position to assist individuals and their families. Growing this program to provide volunteer support at home is a central mandate of Hospice Huronia.
- The Visiting Program Coordinator is responsible for the implementation, management, supervision and evaluation of Hospice Huronia Community Programs
- Work in close collaboration with the social worker and other members of the health care team to support individuals and their families facing life threatening illness and to train and support the organizations volunteers.
- Build and Develop, with a significant well trained volunteer team, bereavement programs to support individuals who have experienced a variety of losses through individual and group support.
Skills and qualifications
- Registered health care professional or social service provider (reports to an independent professional college)
- Knowledge and experience in Hospice Palliative Care
- Experience in supporting individuals dealing with loss.
- Post- Secondary Certificate in Volunteer Management or equivalent
- Project Management and Development
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Successful supervisory experience
- Visionary self-starter; able to conceive and implement new programs to meet community needs related to Hospice services
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Community Visiting Programs
- Assess client/customer needs at home initially and ongoing, highlighting opportunities to enhance care and identifying potential risks.
- Working in close collaboration with the rest of care team, identify opportunities and challenges in care of individuals and their families.
- Develop visiting program so grow the number of families supported in the program in order to meet and grow goals for customer/client supports and visits
- Develop an implementation plan including policy and procedures to deliver community programming
- Analyze trends in the palliative care field and identifying issues, developing and recommending program development potential to Executive Director
- Develop, implement and evaluate recruitment strategies to expand the number of volunteers to support the program development
- Maintain current knowledge of other community initiatives to encourage alignment with these programs and best practices related to community programming
- In collaboration with the Social Worker, develop and grow the organization’s bereavement programs, identifying gaps in community needs.
- Support program development with appropriate policies and procedures to ensure risk assessment and protection of those served
- Work in close collaboration with the Social to identify volunteers appropriate to work in the program
- Support and train volunteers providing care in the program
- Work with community health care team to identify needs, support and risks to the vulnerable population experiencing loss.
- Maintain appropriate fiscal controls to ensure all programs are within the scope of the annual budget
- Ensure consistent and meaningful evaluation of all programs services(residential, bereavement and visiting) is carried out in order to assess their impact and success and to make changes and improvements as indicated
- Participate on Hospice Huronia’s internal committees
- Establish, develop and build strong community relationships with community groups to increase awareness around the work of Hospice including fundraising and volunteerism
- Collaborate with outside agencies to provide enhanced palliative services in our community
Reports to the Executive Director
- This is a full time position 37.5 hours per week with some evening or weekend work required.
- A competitive salary and benefit package based on experience.